Short notations from a northern Vermont fellow who tends gardens for a living.
GARDENING NEWS - JULY 9, 2010
WORKING GARDENER'S JOURNAL
- Experimented this year with single sunflower, away from others. Wonderful result, as seen.
- Planted incredibly cute PURPLE ornamental pepper plants for client. Found at Claussen's.
- Had to trim Redbud tree. How do you kill those things?
- Leaving radish plants around just for the heck of it and not doing anything to them. Voila! Cute flowers on tall growth.
- Splendid color from Japanese Lilac about now. Off red. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.
- My own Jerusalem Artichokes are about ready to pop. Mellow yellow.