Short notations from a northern Vermont fellow who tends gardens for a living.
October 14, 2010
Working Gardener's Journal
- Ornamental peppers forging on, still looking perky; Dusty Miller makes nice companion. (picture above)
- Placed 8" Dianthus under Weeping Pea Shrub. Another nice combo.
- Finally cutting back Echinacea to ground. How sad.
- Moved some Daylilies. Wanted to do it earlier but didn't. Oh well - Daylilies are tough customers, they'll be okay.
- Put down some rubber mulch for client. Not a big fan of it, but neither are the bugs.
- Mulching leaves for future acid-loving plant mulch.